Sunday, September 03, 2006

ambigious feelings about far right political activity

As a gay Jew who loves the West, I'm delighted that white racist extremists in UK are waking up to a real threat, instead of traipsing along in their usual paranoia. They are releasing video threats against Islam immigrants. It's about time some group takes at least a feeble step to make the muslims feel unsafe. The muslims have made me have reasonably fears about my safety as a gay Jew. Jews in the Western Europe now must fear for their personal safety at levels unknown since Hitler. Why is it that the Muslims get a free pass to terrorize everyone else and no one gets to fight back?

It's also great they are actually doing something that may discourage a few immigrants. A majority of Western people have views on immigration more similar to the white extremists than with the West's political elite. I wish there were some way to beat the political elite at the ballot box, but its hard to defeat an idea shared by George W Bush and John McCain as well as by Jacques Chirac and Ted Kennedy. There is no political avenue open on this issue. In the absence of political avenues, I worry about these right wing extremists getting too popular by finding ways to air a popular opinion that will be even more popular when the muslims succeed in their next mass murder. It is not in my interest as a gay Jew for these extremist groups to get too powerful. I was partly motivated to start this blog out of fear that if the far right is the only group to defend the West, then the support for the far right will become uncomfortably strong. More moderates should join me in defending the West. Look, I'm not asking here for them to agree with me that genocide of Muslims is necessary. I'm just asking my fellow political moderates to state that our culture and its people are worth preserving. I realize that even saying that will earn you the label of racists from the PC police, but can't you stand yourself a little?

I also worry that the main stream media will use the white extremist groups' activities to discredit doing anything about the tidal wave of immigration. There is a strong need for people who these white extremists group respect to tell them to do everything they do with propaganda impact in mind. They should supplement other political efforts rather detract from them. Now is a good time for reasonable people on the far right to converse with the white extremists. Of course, I realize that there is as much hope for sane political activity from extremists as there is for sane poltical discussion in the mainstream media.

At least, we know we are completely safe from the mainstream media using jihadi videos to discredit muslim groups.

math nerd post script: I wonder how much the political inability to combat massive immigration is due to a lack of understanding of exponential growth. Could we be doomed by our fear of math?

No comments: